Thank you for considering Girl Scouts in your job search. We are looking for people that will help us grow and bring the Girl Scout program to every girl everywhere. Professional opportunities and summer camp opportunities are available with Girl Scouts of Central Maryland.
Day Camp Counselor
The Day Camp Counselor works collaboratively with staff and volunteers to provide supervision, instruction, and safety to a group of day campers. Following age-appropriate curriculum, the Counselor will facilitate art, STEM, and other activities for girls of various ages, backgrounds, and abilities that include creativity and self-expression. Pro-actively attends and participates in all activities. Provides a safe and fun learning environment while acting as a role model. Demonstrates Girl Scout’s core values and principles as outlined in the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision, instruction, and support to a group of day campers.
- Ensure a safe, nurturing, and fun environment, and an educational experience, for campers.
- Facilitate camp activities including art, STEM, outdoor and other activities.
- Recommend program improvements and enhancement, and camp maintenance needs, to the Day Camp Director.
- Promote Girl Scout’s core values through the Girl Scout Promise and Law minimizing conflict and promoting harmony among campers and staff.
- Participate in ensuring camp is clean and organized.
- Report accidents or injuries to the Day Camp Director immediately and assist in documenting as required.
- Listen to campers to resolve concerns or complaints in a professional manner.
- Inform the Day Camp Director of any issues relating to a camper.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Act as bus monitor during pick-ups and drop-off
- Follow procedures that uphold Volunteer Essentials standards, Maryland Youth Camp regulations and American Camp Association accreditation standards.
- Attend staff meetings and assist in the smooth functioning of Day Camp by performing other duties as assigned.
Director of Council Program
Girl Scouts of Central Maryland is seeking an individual with experience in developing youth curriculum. who is forward-thinking, action orientated and results driven, seeks challenges, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
The Director of Council Program is responsible for the design,
development, and implementation of a council program plan including
virtual programming, community partnerships, and outdoor program,
which encompasses summer resident and day camp. The incumbent directs
and oversees all aspects of the council’s program function to ensure
implementation, delivery, and assessment of a national consistent
leadership development experience for girls in central Maryland.
This position is also responsible for providing leadership and
oversight of the Council Program team as they work to reach, serve,
and support all girls within the council; for the identification and
cultivation of outside sources and internally developed programs that
have measurable outcomes that can be used for the development,
extension, maintenance, and retention of girl and adult members in
order to achieve council goals and objectives Additionally, the
director works in collaboration with other operational and
organizational functions to support the organization’s mission, goals,
and strategic priorities.
Community Program Assistant
The Community Program Assistant is a part-time position responsible for delivering the Girl Scout Leadership programming to girls in grades K-12 in various community settings (schools, community centers, places of worship, etc.) through a series of 6-week sessions following approved curriculum and guidelines. Program locations will focus on areas that are under-served and culturally diverse in Baltimore City and surrounding counties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in partnership with Community Program Coordinators to effectively facilitate quality, age-appropriate programming to girls in various community settings.
- Facilitates programs covering a wide range of topics, including STEM, self-esteem, and anti-bullying from a pre-set curriculum in which training will be provided.
- Maintains accurate records and provides accurate reporting as required.
- Participates in training opportunities offered by council in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Able to comprehend and effectively articulate standardized curricula.
- Able to adapt program to accommodate girls with developmental, physical or cultural needs.
- Ensures that all activities meet GSUSA and council policies and standards.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The following VISTA programs include a 1-year commitment with the possibility of extension if desired. Positions will be opened until filled.
All VISTA Program Benefits: Living Allowance, Health Coverage*, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Relocation Allowance, Childcare assistance if eligible, and Training.
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
AmeriCorps VISTA : GSCM-Think Like a Citizen Scientist
The AmeriCorps VISTA will expand capacity at GSCM to reach underserved communities of girls K-9 for the delivery of age-appropriate, culturally competent STEM programming. This position will refine curriculum, evaluation processes, resources, and systems necessary for sustained implementation of STEM programs in addition to launch of a turnkey operation for robotics and its hand-off to other leaders. This position will develop the logic model, SharePoint repository, and training program for part-time coaches and volunteers. The VISTA member will work in several target areas in Central Maryland.
STEM Capacity Building