Overview: This online training is required for volunteers who are new to the organization, whether they work directly with girls or behind the scenes. This course is a video from GSUSA which provides an overview to the Girl Scout organization, including Girl Scout pathways (various ways that girl and adult members participate). Resources and support available to volunteers, the Girl Scout Mission, Promise and Law, the benefits to girls of participating in the Cookie program, some basic safety requirements; and an overview of Girl Scout programs for girls.
GSCM offers a range of courses to help prepare and train you in your role as a Girl Scout Volunteer. Our goal is to provide girls with the best possible program in a safe environment and to provide adult volunteers with the training necessary to ensure excellent programming for our girls and their safety and protection. To do that, we require Girl Scout Leaders and Advisors to complete training within six months of their appointment. When you begin as a volunteer, your Service Unit Manager or Membership and Community Development Specialist will host a welcome session to give you information specific to your geographical area.
For an overview of training program, please read our Volunteer Training Overview.
Training on Your Schedule
Our volunteers lead busy lives and fitting volunteer training into your schedule can be a challenge. Our classroom courses offer the opportunity for hands on activities and sharing with other leaders, but we do realize that not everyone is able to attend, so we offer and are developing alternatives to help you get the training you need at a time that fits your schedule.
GSCM provides a Home Study option for our Girl Scout Daisy, Brownie, Junior and Teen courses. Girl Scouting 101 and Introduction to Girl Scout Leadership are also self-studies you can complete on your own time.
Click on the dropdown menus to learn more about each training course and to see upcoming training dates.
Register for Training
Girl Scouts of Central Maryland
4806 Seton Drive
Baltimore, MD 21215
Or fax 410.358.9918
When using Online Registration, here are some tips to help you find the courses you are looking for.
1. After logging in to Online Registration, choose the Activities Tab in the upper left section of the page. This will bring up a drop down menu.
2. If you’re looking for a listing of all adult trainings, check the box Learning and Training. If you’re looking specifically for First Aid or Outdoor training, you may just select those boxes under the main category of Learning and Training.
3. Only Grade Level and First Aid Training can be further narrowed down by county if you want to see what’s available in a specific area.
4. Once you have the list of trainings, sorting current to future will give you a chronological listing. Home studies and Girl Scouting 101 will be listed first since they are ongoing throughout the year.
5. Please be sure your current email is on file so you will receive the automatic confirmations.
Please note: Registration closes one week before the course. If you have to cancel out of a course, please be sure to notify us as soon as possible so that anyone on a waiting list can be offered the spot. To receive the quickest confirmation, please provide your email address. You will receive confirmation a week before the class. If a course is full, we will notify you immediately.
You must register for all trainings, including Home Studies.
If you are having problems with online registration, please email email@example.com.
You can track you training with this Adult Development Training Card.
Girl Scouting 101
Introduction to Girl Scout Leadership
Girl Scout Daisy Level Training
Girl Scout Brownie Level Training
Girl Scout Junior Level Training
Girl Scout Teen Level Training
Outdoor 101 – Introduction to the Out of Doors
Basic Troop Camping
Camp Training Exemption and Recertification
Adult Enrichment Workshops & Webinars
Cookie Program Training