Thank you for your support and patience as we continue to navigate these unprecedented times and work to provide you with answers to some of the many questions that you may have regarding Girl Scouts of Central Maryland and COVID-19. We remain committed to sharing answers as they become available and want to assure you that the health and safety of our members and their families is always a top priority. Accordingly, Girl Scouts of Central Maryland continues to monitor the impact of the virus closely and look to state and federal authorities, as well as GSUSA, to inform our way of work.
To that end, in compliance with Governor Hogan’s Executive Order, our non-essential staff will continue to work remotely. However, we will continue to be here to support our girl and adult members.
At this time, we have the following guidance:
· Offices, Camps and Properties: All offices, camps and properties will remain closed until further notice. We will announce further developments about this based on updates and information from Governor Hogan and the CDC.
· Troop/Group Meetings and Activities: In person troop/group meetings and other troop related activities should not be held until further notice to align with Governor Hogan’s declaration that Maryland schools will stay closed through this date. We encourage troops/groups who wish to continue engaging with one another to do so through online communications and/or virtual platforms such as Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.
· Service Unit Meetings, Activities, and Events: The above-mentioned guidelines for troop/group activities also apply to in-person service unit meetings, activities, and events.
· International Travel: Based on our current global situation, and the desire of many groups and troops to have clarity and time to make a plan, at this time we recommend that all international Girl Scout trips planned through mid-June 2020 be cancelled or rescheduled. For Girl Scout trips planned beyond that time, you should continue to examine options for rescheduling and cancellation deadlines.
· Domestic Travel: Girl Scout groups/troops planning to travel domestically through mid-May 2020 should be cancelled or rescheduled. For Girl Scout trips planned beyond that time, you should continue to examine options for rescheduling and cancellation deadlines.
registration link for these programs. A new, optional, Bronze Award Workshop will be available “on-demand” in the coming weeks. Our monthly virtual Q&A session will continue to run as scheduled. Registration information is, and will be, available on our events page.
· Highest Award Deadlines: GSUSA has announced that all bridging Girl Scouts (5th , 8th and 12th grades) may be offered a deadline extension through December 31, 2020. Additional guidelines will be shared in the future. However, as we all navigate a new set of challenges, now is an opportune time for you to connect with your community in a meaningful way. So, put on your thinking caps and think outside the box! What can you do to benefit your community now, when it needs you the most? If you have questions about a project, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Programs: The program team will continue to offer virtual girl programming on various platforms including, Facebook Live, YouTube and Zoom. Continue to check our website and Facebook page for current programming information. Any Cadette, Senior or Ambassador who is interested in helping to provide virtual programs to earn leadership awards (e.g. Leadership in Action) should email us: email@example.com .
· Summer Camp Payments: If your daughter is registered for camp via the auto-payment option and you are experiencing financial difficulty, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may halt your auto-payments. The deadline for full payment has been extended until the Friday before your daughter’s camp session begins.
As always, please reach out to us at email@example.com if there is anything we can do to better support you.
Very truly yours,
Violet M. Apple