As a Girl Scout you are in an exceptional position to take action and make the world a better place. By earning the Girl Scout Gold Award you will be joining the ranks of generations of young women who have made a difference both locally and globally. The Girl Scout Gold Award represents the highest achievement in Girl Scouts and is a commitment you make and complete as an individual.
In order to fully understand what we expect from girls, please refer to the information below, as well as the Girl Scout Gold Award Girl Guidelines, the Girl Scout Gold Award Adult guide, and the FAQs.
Girl Scout Gold Award Pre Requisites
Girls must be in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade (or equivalent) and a registered Girl Scout Senior or Ambassador
complete two Journeys (Senior or Ambassador)
earn the Girl Scout Silver Award and complete one Senior or Ambassador Journey*
*Girl Scout Seniors complete Senior journeys and Girl Scout Ambassadors complete Ambassador journeys
- The Girl Scout Gold Award Advisory Panel meets once a month and all documents (proposals, re-submitted proposals, final reports) which wish to be reviewed at that month’s meeting are always due to the Teen Leadership Specialist by the second Wednesday of the month.
- All Girl Scout Gold Award Final Reports submitted between January 1, 2013 and December 30, 2013 will be recognized at the Spring 2014 banquet.
Girl Scout Gold Award Workshops
It is suggested that all girls attend a Girl Scout Gold Award Workshop. Check out the events calendar to find out the dates for the latest Gold Award Workshops.
- Girl Scout Gold Award Girl Guidelines
- Guia medalla de Oro
- Girl Scout Gold Award Adult Guidelines
- Girl Scout Gold Award Proposal Checklist
- Girl Scout Gold Award Final Report Check List
- Additional Girl Scout Gold Award Forms
- 2012 Girl Scout Gold Award Panel Review Dates & Submission Deadlines
- 2013 Girl Scout Gold Award Panel Review Dates & Submission Deadlines
For more information contact Allison Duvall
Assistant Program Manager/Teen Leadership Specialist
410.358.9711 ext. 288
Meet a Girl Scout Gold Award Recipient
Julie: “Vamos a Limpiar los Dientos“
View photos from the 2013 Gold Award Banquet here!